"Too Sick for School" Information for families
One of the best ways to avoid community transmission of COVID-19, and other infectious illness, is to stay home when you are sick. Students and school employees who have symptoms of infectious illness, such as influeza (flu) or COVID-19 should stay home and seek medical evaluation, which may include testing for COVID-19 and other respiratory infections.
While the school will no longer require an attestation form at the start of each day, we ask families to please answer the following questions at home before deciding to send your child to school. If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, keep your student home and contact your school.
- Has your student been in close contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- Does anyone in your household have COVID-19 like symptoms &/or is anyone in your household being tested for COVID-19?
- Has your student or anyone in your household had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told your student to self-monitor, self-isolate or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19?
For more information, please visit our “Too Sick for School Webpage”: Too Sick for School - Lake Washington School District (lwsd.org).
Dear 8th Grade Students and Families:
The 2022-23 school year is quickly coming to an end. We have many things to be proud of and to celebrate, starting with our 8th grade class.
The last week of school includes 2 important events for the class of 2026.
June 16: Laptop and Textbook Turn-in
June 16: 8th Grade “Moving Up” Evening Event
Laptop and Textbook Turn-in
Overview: All students will turn in their laptop and any textbooks on Thursday, June 16 during their English classes. Please make sure students bring their laptop, charger and stylus to school that day. They should also bring any items that are checked out from the library.
8th Grade “Moving Up” Evening Event
Overview: 8th grade students and 1 or 2 family guests are invited to attend an evening that will honor our time in middle school and promote students to 9th grade. Due to size limitations, students may only bring 1 or 2 guests with them.
Time: June 16, 7:00-8:00 pm. Doors open at 6:15. Cake will be served afterwards.
· Students are free to wear what they normally would to school or dress up if they want to. There is no expectation to wear something fancy or special. Students may choose what they want to wear that is within school and district guidelines.
· Students will need to create a PowerPoint slide with their name, current picture, a picture from childhood, and a quote or memory that reflects their time at Redmond Middle School. Students must submit their slide by Friday, June 10. Students have been sent a separate email with a template and directions. Please contact me if help is needed in creating or submitting the PowerPoint slide.
· Students will bring a card with their name on it and any phonetic directions for pronouncing their name to the event. This will be used to read the names of students as they pick up a certificate. They will receive this card in their Grizzly Time class on June 16 and need to bring it with them that evening.
We look forward to celebrating with the Class of 2026 and creating a fun end-of-year experience for them.
RMS Administrative Team
Dana Greenberg (Principal)
JaLynn Montes (Associate Principal)
Richard Snyder (Associate Principal)
Regular School Hours:
M - F: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Main Number: 425-936-2440
Absence/Late Arrival Number:
Call 425-936-2441 or email RedmondMSAttend@lwsd.org
- Principal: Dana Greenberg
- Associate Principal: JaLynn Montes
- Associate Principal: Richard Snyder
- Office Manager: TBD
- Book Keeper/ASB/Athletics: Jeannie Tsognyi
- Registration: Mini Chugh
- Counselor (7th): Marcia LaSalle
- Counselor (8th): Ann Nguyen
- Counselor (6th): Steffany Black
- YES Counselor: Rowan Wakley
- Community in Schools: TBD
- Athletic Director: TBD
- ASB/Activities: Kass Morris
- Building Use: Scott Hagerman
- from 8:10 am to 9:55 am