Curbside Checkout (and how it’s going to work)
This is another part of the big experiment in remote learning…please be patient while we work out the bugs and work within District safety guidelines.
Frequency (for now):
- Pick up December 1, 2, 3—books on hold by 10 am November 25
NEW SCHEDULE!! Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Pick up December 8, 9, 10
- Pick up December 15, 16, 17
- We will have a new schedule for after Winter Break
- Students will create an account in Destiny (library catalog) and place holds on desired books. Students can hold and checkout up to five books.
- Books For Tuesday pick up should be on hold by 11:30am Monday.
- Books for Wednesday pick up should be on hold by 11:30am Tuesday.
- Books for Thursday pick up should be on hold by 11:30am Wednesday.
- anything held from Thursday-11:30am Monday will be ready for Tuesday.
- Place holds on books that are available—this means we can check them out. (Students may place a hold on a book that is not available, but it will be at least a full “cycle” before it is available for checkout because of safety waiting time.)
Pick Up/Drop Off:
- Parents / Students drive through the front of the school for pick up near the front doors.
- Books will be in bags labeled for students to pick up; return bin will be available for drop off.
- Books not picked up for two weeks will be returned to the shelf.
- Overdue notices will be sent, but we will be flexible because of the rigid scheduling.
**email Ms. Metcalf with additional questions.
- Can't find Teams? Here's a quick how-to for your student.PDF download
- Using an online textbook or online curriculum? Here's the link.
Contact Ms. Metcalf if you have questions about technology, good books and homework issues!
The RMS Library received a fantastic grant last year from Lake Washington Schools Foundation to purchase all of our Battle of the Books books. Our collection is growing and we will figure out a way to get them out to students for curbside pick-up (hopefully in your neighborhood!) soon.
Thank you also to the RMS PTSA for their generous support of the RMS Library. With the PTSA's support, we were able to purchase many fiction and non-fiction titles for our growing collection!