School Nurse Letter
Health Room Office Professional - Nicki Wallce (email@example.com)
Health Room Direct Line: (425) 936-2449
My name is Daryl Yao and I am your School Nurse for the 2023-2024 school year. Having previously worked in family medicine, I am very excited to be working with kids again. I hope that we can work together to make Redmond Middle School a safe and inviting place for your child.
I look forward to speaking with you by phone, voice/text by cell or communicating with you by email. My office number is (425) 936-2812 Ext: 57670. My cell number is (425) 500-6667 and the confidential nurse fax line is (425) 556-9806. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to email or call if there are any questions.
I am available Monday to Friday during normal school hours. Please drop by to say hi!
Please report any health issue your child has that could impact safety and learning.
Complete the Annual Nurse Alert form by:
- Online: In your student’s Skyward profile
- Paper copy: Download and complete a paper copy or,
- You may also contact me directly by phone or e-mail
Take actions to help manage the spread of coronavirus and keep each other safe.
- Get vaccinated
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep hands away from your face
- If you feel sick, stay home
For current Lake Washington School District COVID guidance, check the LWSD COVID webpage. Ask for resources around vaccination clinics and testing.
Health Services & Resources
Health Resources can be found on the LWSD Health Resources webpage. The page contains resources about support and assistance in the district and the community. Including vision assistance, health resources, and links to specific health conditions, including life-threatening allergies, asthma, diabetes, dyslexia, eating disorders, health and fitness, and infectious diseases.
Flu Shot Information
Schedule a flu shot for your student and family members.
- Seek care from your health care provider
- Look for upcoming announcements for opportunities on the Lake Washington School District website
If you received a letter from Health Services about immunizations your student needs for school, please make sure your student receives the immunization(s) listed in the letter. Send the immunization record to me or have your health care provider fax the record via the confidential fax. Immunization requirements can be found in the Health Services Immunizations page.
If your child has a LIFE-THREATENING Health Condition (anaphylaxis, diabetes, seizures, asthma, etc.) and/or takes medication please complete and send or fax the needed medical forms at the beginning of the school year. All forms are on the LWSD website in Health Services. All medications, whether self-carry or kept in the nursing office need medical forms completed.
Ask your health provider to complete the Medication Authorization form on the LWSD website in Health Services.
- Each medication requires its own form.
- Your health care provider must sign.
- You must sign the form.
- This is required for ALL medications.
All medications must be in their original container with a pharmacy label. Emergency medications must be in the building on or before the first day of school. *Check medication expiration dates! Try to get medications that will last the full school year.
Student Health Forms
- Medication Administration Authorization at School
- Epinephrine Administration Authorization
- Seizure Medication Authorization
- General Individual Health Plan (IHP)
- Allergy Individual Health Plan (IHP)
- Asthma Individual Health Plan (IHP)
- Cardiac Individual Health Plan (IHP)
- Diabetes Low Blood Sugar Individual Health Plan (IHP)
- Seizure - Individual Health Plan (IHP)
Resource Information & Links
- Covid Information
- CDC Self-Checker
- Immunization Records
- UW Covid Test Sites
- Too Sick for School & COVID Information
- Community COVID PCR Testing and COVID Vaccine Locator tool
- For immediate crisis support: Crisis Hotline 206-461-3222 or 911
- Immunization requirements
- Get vaccinated
- Get tested
- Lake Washington School District website
- Annual Student Health Update
- Medication at School
- The Certificate of Exemption for Vaccinations Form from the Department of Health
- Accessing your student’s immunization records